Cloud computing is a modern way to access computer hardware, software, and data. It doesn’t require physical management or installation on your computer. In cloud computing everything from hardware, network, the software is ready for you to use and operate.
From a business perspective, cloud computing is an IT business model that utilizes monthly and yearly membership and subscription fees to access information technologies, software, hardware, and platforms.
To use software licenses, web platforms, APIs, data storage, servers, and other computer-related operations, recurring rental or subscription fees are required.
Cloud computing has both advantages and disadvantages for computer users and technology consumers. One disadvantage is the need to pay subscription fees for software usage instead of buying it.
On the other hand, the advantages of cloud computing include access to secure and updated services, as well as on-demand processing power, data storage, bandwidth, and storage from a remote infrastructure.
Cloud computing mainly stands on its top 3 business models SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- SaaS stands for software as a service.
- PaaS stands for the platform as a service.
- IaaS stands for infrastructure as a service.
Below are examples to help you understand all the models of cloud computing.
1. SaaS (Software as a Service):
Software as Service: Before the implementation and practices of Cloud computing by software companies in their products, tools, and extensions computer users or tech consumers use and experience the computer software powers in the following ways:
Examples of the changes made by the cloud computing SaaS model:
- Before SaaS, you can buy software or purchase the software license for personal and business use and then pay the price once. After SaaS, you have to pay based on the monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly subscription and membership of software and license. It means you have to pay again and again for the software features.
- Before SaaS, traditionally you can install one licensed software on more than one computer and mainly that was purchased for one computer. It’s common and you can find various sources on the web. It is called software piracy. Piracy is a wrong practice or illegal way of selling and buying and using pirated copies of software on a computer.
- After SaaS, you can buy membership of software as perusers and computers, especially for business. You can download the software directly from the server of the software publisher or development company. For example, if you want to increase workplace productivity you can use cloud-based Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 and you can buy the features/apps in a bundle or individuals as per the users and membership plans.
The setup and access to the application are directly controlled by the server and software publisher. Each admin/users have to enter their ID and password to access the software. Without that, they can’t use the software.
So, SaaS software as a service decreased some level of software piracy.
Please visit the following posts to read and learn more about SAAS in detail:
- What is SaaS Software as a Service? : Basics of SaaS in Cloud Computing
- Advantages of Software As A Service (SAAS): Cloud Computing
- SAAS: What is Software As A Service: Consumers’ point of view
2. PaaS (Platform as a Service):
Examples of the changes made by the cloud computing PaaS model:
- Traditionally the use of computer and network powers is only enabled with desktop software. But now web and mobile applications and programs are more popular. And it’s because of new technology development whether it’s web browsers, responsive application design, mobile hardware, and Infrastructure. There are thousands of things behind the development and popularity of web-based applications.
- The only new thing as a consumer of web-based apps is that instead of installing them on your computer, you can access them through the internet and web browser. And you can also install the software as a mobile app. Now you can call them a platform. But to use that application online or to access on-demand features you have to pay subscription fees.
- There are various digital marketing, eCommerce, online education, content creation, and entertainment platforms as services that you can use after buying subscriptions plan such as keyword research tools.
Now the advantages of this are that you can use the platform anytime on any device and you will get everything up to date and many also provide free data storage and third-party app integrations.
While you have to pay as long as you use it, and you also need good internet and computer processing speed.
3. IaaS (Platform as a Service):
Examples of cloud computing IaaS model:
Initially, personal computer, mobile, pen drive, and in-house server data storage until consumption does not increase.
You published a new business computer with 1 TB SSD, 16GB RAM, i7 Processor. Also got a good firewall in your operating system. But you also purchased and installed antivirus software for business data security. Now you think your computer and data storage source is good to go in business or launch your web application from your computer.
But does it really enough and secure?
While it’s enough, to begin with. But later you need more accessibility and control. And you also need more security. Now you can’t limit the business data to yourself only, you also have to share it with your coworkers and partners.
So, what is the best solution, the solution IaaS? You purchased the subscription to use third-party IaaS services, cloud hosting, cloud storage for data storage, processing power, and launching your SaaS-based application.
IaaS is the remotely placed or third-party energy or data storage and data processing power that you can access as per the demand and needs anytime anywhere. You don’t need to build your own Infrastructure for computing power. You use the other computing power as a service and you pay fees for that as long as you use it.
Within the hybrid use of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS, you can control everything from single and multi-admin panels. And more importantly, you can audit the use of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS. That’s why it’s a more powerful system and automation process without using in-house infrastructure and data storage.
While anyone can use cloud computing in business but it’s required a proper audit of the business, what types of Infrastructure needed in the present and future, what is current daily storage demands are, how many users accessing the application, and what power and speed addition needs to make a profit etc.
It’s important to have third-party or freelance or independent cloud computing consultants and experts in the project meeting or scope discussions. So that you take the benefits or execute loud computing technologies effectively in business.
To learn more about cloud computing from various perspectives please visit the below posts:
- Top 10 powerful ways to learn Cloud Computing (SAAS) (IAAS) (PAAS)
- Top 8 powerful benefits of cloud computing for business
- Uses of Cloud Computing in Business
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?