The employee is the most important asset to an organization. It contributes to the growth of the organization. Training increases the knowledge base of the employee, familiarises him/her with new skills, and new techniques.
If an employee knows how to contribute towards the development of the organization it will make a huge difference in the company’s production or goal achievement. That is possible through training and development programs.
For instance, when an employee joins the organization, he/she is given job-related training to ensure the satisfactory performance of the duties assigned to him/her. A trained employee can contribute more to the organization.
Employee training and development are all about to impart with the employee a specific knowledge, skills, techniques, and abilities with an aim of raising their performance level, in their present roles and does facilitate them new learning opportunities, for their further growth too.
Employee development is done with determination in the long run as it is developed along with the concept of setting up an employee for the current as well as future jobs. Employee training and development facilitates them with new learning opportunities. This help to increase their competencies, work under pressure, to face more challenging and complex tasks.
Keys for training and development of employees:
- Skills: The employee is trained with the skills he/she is going to perform with for e.g. how to revert to the client, how to work on the different kinds of machinery with minimum resources etc.
- Literacy: Literacy is not only related to education but here proficiency in the corporate language and an employee must be fully aware of the corporate culture, to deal with international clients and customers.
- Theoretical: The training aims at teaching theoretical concepts along with practical knowledge to the employee. It also improves their judgmental and reasoning power.
- Attitude: The training brings attitudinal changes in the employees. Attitude indicates the feelings, outlook, reactions, and beliefs of the employee towards others. It has a great impact on an employee’s morale, motivation, loyalty, commitment, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge: ImproveTraining involves development, where more stress is given to improve knowledge, rather than skills. Here, knowledge means the understanding of the business concept, human relations, management, etc.
- Ethics are the pivotal point that regulates the conduct of an employee, at the time of undertaking any activity. The training and development program must provide knowledge regarding ethical conduct.
Employee Training and development facilitate both the organization and the employee as follows:
- Utilization of resources: Training helps in the better utilization of resources, i.e. men, machines, materials, and money.
- Reduce Wastage: Training ensures less wastage, with respect to resources and time. The amount of wastage reduces, learning time also reduces, and more work is performed in very less time.
- Profitability: It improves the performance of the employee which results in increased profitability.
- New techniques: Employees learn new techniques to perform. These techniques enable an organization for its survival, competition, and growth in the market.
- Utilization: It helps in the reduction of employee idle time and absenteeism.
- Positive attitude: Increases positive attitude in employees to work in an organization, like it boosts confidence, which enables them to perform challenging tasks as well.
- Career growth: The training imparts skills to an employee they enhance their resume by mentioning these for career growth.
- Boost the confidence: Training leads to improvement in the performance which boosts the confidence of an individual and it encourages him to improvise in every step which contributes a lot to the company’s goal achievement.
- Increase capability: A trained employee is capable enough; he/she tackles any situation or problem in a better way.
- Reduction in miss happenings: Training makes the employee more experienced, which reduces the chances of mistakes or miss happenings.
- Raise Moral: training enables the employee to achieve Job satisfaction and boosts up employee morale
- Speed of execution: The speed of execution of an employee increases after the training accomplishment
- Build Leadership qualities: Training generates leadership qualities in the employee which helps in decision-making, taking initiative, planning, and assigning work, and much more.
- Improve the quality of work: It helps in improving the quality of work which reduces the error and the accuracy in the work attained. With the passage of time, employees become proficient.
An activity that is concerned, to improve the current or future performance of an employee, by refining his/her talent through the process of learning (teaching), changing tactics, sharpening skills, improving capabilities, and enhancing the knowledge base, all are under the process of training and development. That’s why the training and development of employees matter the most in success and innovation.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?