If you’re confused in finding the right keywords for blog, business website, and eCommerce SEO, if you’re not able to optimize your website effectively, and if you’re new to keyword research and SEO and want to learn keywords research skills along with a guide then this is the best post for you to read till the end.
Keyword research is a science and the establishment or placement of those keywords in your website is an Art. Selection of the right keywords relevant to your business, product pages, and blog posts is essential to succeed online and become excellent in your niche.
A good SEO strategy for getting traffic to the new website is to discover keywords that your target audience or customers search on Google and Bing search engines. For this, you have to use various keyword research tools, strategies, and creativity.
Once you know what people are searching in your niche, now you have to optimize or place or add those keywords in your home page, product page, blog posts, categories, titles, headings, paragraphs, meta description, and slug (URL’s).
When your target audience or customers search for products and services related to business niches on search engines then your website, product pages, and blog posts show in the results. But this all starts with finding the good keywords and insertions of those keywords. That’s why keyword research is important and the biggest factor behind the organic traffic from search engines to your business, blog or eCommerce website.
Whether you want traffic to blog posts, eCommerce product pages, affiliate sales, to generate leads or you just want to increase the visibility of business online, it’s very important that you follow and build more than one SEO strategy.
We believe that good keyword research and SEO strategy have to be simple and easy to implement. But following and implementing too many SEO strategies makes it complicated. And due to that, it becomes the biggest reason behind low traffic, lower conversion, higher bounce rate, fewer sales, and growth of the online business and website.
So, in this post, we’re sharing step-by-step keyword research processes, keywords implementation and optimization strategies, keywords research tools, and various other SEO strategies for the new website. This is the best keyword research guide and you can use it on business websites, eCommerce websites, blog websites, and in any type of SEO campaign.
This post is in 2 Parts: The 1st is the scientific part of keyword research and the goal is how to research keywords that bring results. The 2nd part is about Art and the goal is how to optimize your website with keywords.
Most powerful ways to research keywords for your SEO strategy:
Following keyword research methods are universal and the basics of keyword research that’s why you can use these in the new and old websites, eCommerce websites, product pages, affiliate marketing blogs, AdSense optimized blogs, videos, search engine ads, and to grow any type of online business organically.
1. Understand and analyze the goals of your target audience:
Keyword research doesn’t start with just using keyword research tools. It starts with understanding the goals, desires, needs, circumstances of your target audience and customers.
You have to research and think about the following things:
- What are the goals of my customers and what do they’re looking for that?
- What does my target audience need in current circumstances?
- What solutions have they already purchased but not satisfied with?
- What they are talking about and asking on social media websites?
- What are the things that can help them and how you can do it through your service, product or blog post?
- What social media website or app they mostly used?
- What learning platforms do they use?
- What websites do they visit more often?
- What do they watch and share on social media?
- Where they are located or region?
- Most of them are professionals or running their own business?
To find the answers and or research you can do the following things:
- You can research on social media websites.
- You can read comments on YouTube channels.
- You can read customers’ reviews on amazon.
- You can analyze the social media pages of your competitors.
- You can read blogs posts about it.
- You can use Google Trends, Twitter, and social media trends to find trends in specific countries and locations.
- You can also research best sellers and the highest related products and services in your niche.
- And you can do survey apps and forms.
And the best of all is to talk with them indirectly or directly related to their problems, needs, goals, circumstances, habits and everything that you can imagine. The more you connect and communicate with your customers the more insights and data you will bring for keyword research. If possible, communicate a minimum of 2 to 3 people each day or week who are within the radius of target customers or audience.
Write all of those problems, desires, goals and bundle all of them as per location, age, problems, platform, and solutions and trends.
Once that’s ready then move to the next step.
2. Research the keywords that are relevant to your business, blog, and products:
You have to be smart, creative, competitive, strategic to explore the relevant short or long-tail keywords and search terms for organic traffic and SEO. For this, you can use various keyword research methods. The best method is to use a great keyword research tool. Following are the best free and paid keyword keywords research tools to find keywords that increase visibility, and increase traffic.
Why use keyword research tools for SEO and to find relevant and qualified keywords?
While the science behind keyword research in fact looks very simple and easy. It just means get to know what people are searching for. But you can’t come up with 1000+ ideas just because of your imagination and business experiences. You know that you’re not the only one who targeted the search engine for free organic traffic. There are many other similar businesses, advertisers, marketers, and SEO agencies that do keyword research on a daily basis.
They target and use the search engine to drive free traffic to their blog, eCommerce website or business. And they want to increase sales without PPC ads. And most of those succeed in SEO research keywords effectively and use professional keyword research tools.
How keyword research tools are helpful?
The keyword research tool helps to explore organic keywords based on monthly search traffic volume, trends, low traffic, high traffic, difficult or easy, CPC, level of competition, and provide various other marketing, SEO, SEM, and advertising data and insights.
- Helps you to find the best keywords to target for your business and website.
- Helps you to find the best keywords to target for your business and website and get a higher rank on search engines for relevant terms.
- You get monthly search volume for the traffic. It means how many people are searching for the terms on Google and other search engines.
For example, “best running shoes for men” is searched by 10K – 100K per month. Similarly, the “white label SEO audit” keyword is searched by 100 – 1K per month.
Now the keyword research tool gives you insights and ideas on what search terms or keyword phrase is best to target as per search volume, competition, CPC, location, etc.
- Using SEO tools not only you will get 1000 keywords ideas for your blog post, product page, home page but you can also search what keywords your competitors are targeting. You can track keywords performance on search engines for your own website and also any website. That’s why using keyword research tools is very beneficial.
- If you want to succeed online then keyword research is not a one-time work or project. Search terms are continuously changing, new content consistently produced, new products and alternatives, new business are coming each day, technology is changing, customer behaviors are changing. In this type of uncertainty, you have to stay competitive, successful in your SEO strategy to become excellent and successful in your niche and business. If any of your pages, product, and blog is getting 200 visitors per day then it doesn’t mean it will be the same tomorrow. That’s why using one good and high-quality keyword research for a long time is very important to use.
- If you invested or investing lots of time in writing great and publishing and promoting it from your best, but still, you’re not getting traffic to your blog, product pages or business website then it means you’re not targeting the right keywords or might be the keyword research tool that you’re using right now is not showing you the exact search terms, that’s why it’s not only important to use keyword research but also the right tool in which you can trust and invest on.
And also, without keyword research tools it’s very difficult and consumes lots of time and still, after that, you will not have any significant data to build your SEO strategy or invest in SEO. That’s why keyword research tools are important to use.
I found SEMrush the best professional tool for eCommerce websites, business websites, blogs, and almost all types of business websites that want to find keywords that matter for website SEO. You can use SEMRUSH for all of your SEO needs.
It will help you to track keywords, keyword and backlink analytics, historical data of keywords, website audit, and help you in all of your SEO needs.
SEMRUSH is all in one Toolkit for Website SEO. This SEMRUSH toolkit helps you in building your SEO strategy, content marketing, market research, advertising, and social media. Millions of people already using and this is an internationally awarded tool that you can do for keywords data and SEO strategy.
While there are many other free and paid SEO tools. You can use Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, Google Webmaster search console, and various others. The choice is totally yours. But the best tool for SEO and keyword research I will suggest to my clients and for you is SEMRUSH. Yes, it will cost you money, but that’s the part of business and needs of time to build a successful online business.
The process to optimize your website for organic keywords and traffic:
1. Elements, places or positions on your website where you have to add keywords:
- Main keyword in your website title
- Main keyword along with sub-keywords or other family members for keywords in the meta description.
- Add different keywords in all pages of your website that connect to the main keywords.
- Place keywords in headings, subheadings, paragraphs, meta descriptions, links, images, tags, and categories.
You can use a Hierarchy of keywords, step by step process, 0 to 10, 10 to 1 keyword placement strategies in your website.
2. Let’s take an example of how you can use and add keywords to your online store home page.
- Add your main keywords in the website title. For example, if your online store is about running shoes then add the keyword ” Running shoes” in your main home page or website title and meta description.
- In the second section of your website, add “shoes for men’ keywords.
- In the third section of your website, add “shoes for women’s keywords.
- In the 3rd section (if you have) and 3 columns then use 3 different most popular keywords for all those three-column headings. Such as running shoes for men, running shoes for kids, running shoes for women.
3. Add attractive or engaging words or sentences with keywords:
Keywords alone can’t bring traffic to your website or will not be able to compete on search engines results and even if it is then it will not get higher CTR.
It’s because people need direction, evoke, invitation, emotion, happiness, something to achieve.
This required copywriting or creative writing skills.
For example, instead of writing “best running shoes for men,” you can write “best running shoes for men higher quality and less price”.
Similarly, the best honeymoon tour package only for new couples”
Similarly for a blog post, “How cloud storage reduces your data storage expenses 30%”.
So, the formula of adding keywords in your titles is simple, “keywords + promise”.
How to improve your keyword research and optimization skills?
- You can also improve your keyword research, SEO, and digital marketing skills using SEMRUSH academy.
- Don’t follow too much SEO advice to make it complicated. Try one source or method for few months, if that works great. If not then try another one.
- Experiments with keywords on your old blog posts or those pages of your website in which you’re not getting traffic.
- Communicate more with your target customer and audience.
- Use the right keywords research tool such as SEMRUSH and follow the guide and tutorials as well related to this tool.
- You can do online keyword research and optimization courses, you can watch free keyword research videos and guides.
- The best method to learn is to implement your own ideas, creativity, and knowledge. Learn and try new keyword research or SEO techniques or tricks each day.
- Think to help the audience and your target customers. When you think to help, you will get great keywords ideas that make you dominant in your niche and gives you organic traffic for many years.
So, friend, I hope this guide on keyword research will help you to find relevant keywords for SEO. If you need more help and personalized suggestion on keywords research then please let me know.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?