Having a website for the business is really important these days. The Internet has changed the way we do business. A business website is one of that changes. As there are different ways to build a house there are different ways to build a website.
In this post, I will share everything that you need to build a website step by step for your business at a low cost. I have created 100+ websites for various businesses for the last 7+ years. Whatever I know I will share that website-building method with you for your business.
Types of Business Website:
- eCommerce Website:
- Information and branding Website
- Blogging Website
- Lead Generation Campaign
- Single product-specific website
Here you can learn complete details about the types of business websites.
What are the things that require in each type of business website?
- Purpose of business website
- Marketing or Business Plan to achieve the purpose
- Domain Name
- Website Hosting
- Logo/Branding Kit
- Content Strategy
- Basic Content (Such as home page content, services or product page, Images, text, and videos).
- Responsive website design or themes
- Basic SEO of the website
- Maintenance and Update Process
- Google Analytics Tracking code integration
- Submission to Google Search Console and Bing.
- Good website loading speed between (3 to 5 seconds)
Build on your own or hire someone:
You can build a business on your own or you can also hire someone else or a web designer or developer. Both have their advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of building a business website on your own:
- To build a business website on your own for your business you have to learn the website designing process or methods. When you learn and implement you will get new knowledge and information about online business, online marketing, and sales. You will also learn about website building applications or website builders such as Wix and WordPress or HTML, CSS. This knowledge will help you to operate or delegate online marketing-related tasks to experts.
- The cost of building a website these days is not big. But still, if you do it on your own by using Website builder, or WordPress then you will be able to save that money that you have to pay someone else.
- You can make any changes to the website at any time without paying.
Disadvantages of building a website for your business on your own:
- You will waste your time learning the website-building process and tools. And it will also take more time to build a website. It’s not that easy. Instead, the time you invest in building a website, you can invest that in your business or increase sales. You can invest in marketing and business strategies.
- Even if you learn, and build the website on your business still it will not be equal to the standard or market trends. It’s because you will not be able to implement everything correctly. If you have to learn a lot or at each step. Even you will not feel sure, which method is good for the website. HTML, CSS, PHP or WordPress or Wix or Python – Django etc. There are so many methods. And you will keep scratching your head when confused.
- Even if you build a website then you will again struggle in getting traffic to this website. In that time you will learn about SEO, Keywords, On-Page Optimization, Content Marketing, Landing Pages, and many others.
And it will take you years to have a good and working website for your business.
- You will get distracted from your core expertise. And you will become more technical. For example, you can be great in sales, communication, management, strategies, and stock management but when you learn website design then you will get less time for strategies and more time on improving your website speed or daily website chaos.
- And even after spending or investing 2 years on your business website, you will give up. And then you have to contact someone to help. So instead of doing it later, do it before. Analyze it honestly, can I do it? Website building is not tough for those who know it. But very difficult for those who even don’t know the basics of computers and the internet.
- You might waste your money on many website builders, website packages or hosting without the actual output. It’s because you don’t know which one will work for your business effectively. On the web, everyone is promising and looks genuine, but it’s not.
For example, you find later that blogging is important for a business website and you found that WordPress is good for that. Now you have to move your website from website builder or templates to WordPress. The cost and time will be double.
It’s because you don’t have a clear plan for your business website in the beginning. But when you have a good and expert website designer or builder, you can plan effectively.
Advantages of hiring a web designer/developer to build a website for your business:
- If you hire a good website or developer to build a website for your business then they will guide or communicate with you on each step. They will ask about your business and website goals. And they will finalize the strategies with you.
- Your website will get designed or live within a few weeks and months.
- You will be able to use the power of money. And your delegation skills will also get enhanced.
- Your website will work effectively and professionally. And don’t have to worry about the small things and designs. And you can ask your website builder or designer to make changes as per your strategy.
- You will be able to focus and invest in your business growth and strategy implementation.
- You have to pay to use the information and knowledge of another person to grow your own business.
Disadvantages of hiring a web designer/developer to build a website for your business:
- It’s very important to find a good and reliable website designer to build a website for your business. It’s very important that website designers understand your business needs and goals. Not only that he/she will also share their own experiences to achieve your business goals. Both of you have to communicate openly about the project and expectations and technologies. But if you or the designer is not able to do it, then you will not only waste your money but also waste the time and peace of mind.
- Some of the agencies for website designers can charge you more than 4 times higher to build a website. While each one charge as per the value and expertise.
So, it’s important for you to decide what type of expert you need. And how much is your budget?
- Lack of communication and unable to make quick changes. It’s because many website designers or agencies have more than 3 to 20 clients or more clients. They don’t have the time and staff to implement your requirements in real-time. They will give you 24 hours time to update and maintain your website.
- So, you have to clear everything in advance before you pay someone or hire someone to build a website for your business.
My suggestion for you or for every business owner:
You’re in the business. Your main job is to build the business through strategic, business plans, teams, and technologies. You’re in a leadership role. Your job is to let others perform the best in your business.
So whatever business you do, hire experts for each type of work and business strategy implementation. And invest your time in business development and growth strategy implementation.
I believe that businesses do not grow just because having a website or app and social media pages the business. Business grows because you have clear goals, strategies, and ideas to get or serve customers. And due to strategies and your thinking, you will be able to get the benefits of technologies, and the business website for your business.
If you can do both, then it’s great, you can build the website on your own.
The best method is to hire someone and a specialist to build and run a website based on your strategies and goals. Even you can give full control or leadership role to that person to handle everything related to technologies in your business.
But one thing that you should do and learn is the basics of computers, the internet, and especially online marketing and strategies in your free or dedicated time. So that you can discuss it effectively with your team member or technical head.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?