On-Page SEO refers to the comprehensive optimization of individual website pages and posts by incorporating crucial keywords and content. This involves effectively incorporating specific keywords into headings, subheadings, links, images, videos, tags, and meta descriptions to boost visibility and attract traffic from search engines like Bing and Google.
On-Page SEO is one type of search engine optimization. The other two are technical SEO and off-page SEO. But in this post, you will learn business, eCommerce, and blog website on-page SEO best practices and essentials. Learn more about SEO: What is SEO? How does SEO grow your business day by day?
How does on-page SEO help to increase website traffic?
Optimizing each individual page on a website can significantly enhance the overall website traffic. Although the fundamentals of keyword optimization are comparable, not all elements are equally important for every specific page.
On-page SEO optimization in any type of website starts with the home page. The home page needs to be optimized with main keywords such as an eCommerce website selling flowers can use “flowers” as the main keyword in their website title and categories keywords (wedding, event, birthday flowers) in the meta description.
On-page is about the SEO of a particular blog post, product page, or home page. A home page SEO practices and techniques are different from a service page. And the main service page SEO practice has to be different from the sub-service or the product page. Each page on the website has its own importance. So, it needs to be optimized as per the goal of that particular page.
How do you select keywords for on-page SEO optimization?
The main keyword of any website is what they do for its target audience. It can be a title and main heading on the home page. Such as “Grow your Business with Us” is the main keyword of the website. But how to do a particular website or business grows is part of the process.
It also includes types of products/services, product sizes, variations, packing, colors, and everything. Now each of these can be based on search terms such as “We build an SEO-friendly website to grow your business” the subheading of the main heading is “grow your business with us”.
Now both these headings are interconnected and show the path for visitors step by step. And website explores its content and categories one by one. And this becomes easy for search engines as well as for visitors to read and get information systematically and effectively.
Learn more about keywords in the below posts:
Now let’s understand the best on-page SEO practices or habits to grow your website traffic and business in the below points:
The best On-page SEO habits to grow your traffic:
I treat on-page SEO as a natural process of post and page content optimization. Some of these practices are on-page SEO basics, some are creative techniques, and many are own experiences. So, If you want to increase website traffic and want to grow your business organically, consistently, and effectively then follow these best on-page SEO practices:
- On any page of the website other than the home page use each page title or heading as a sub-heading of the main keywords of the website.
- Always use short paragraphs and sentences that are visually easy to read and understand for the visitors and reader.
- Try to use sub-keyword or related keywords in the subheading of the page or post.
- Only use internal links to other pages or posts of a website if it’s related to the subject of the page.
- Only add external links to that website, pages or posts that have good loading speed. The best speed is between 3 to 5 seconds.
- Make the URL as short and simple as possible. The title can be different or long tail. But make sure both contain at least one main keyword of the page.
- When it’s not important then don’t add extra images to a post or page. Too many images slower the page or post. And this will impact the overall speed of the website negatively.
- When adding alt text and title to the images then make sure that the title contains the main page title and alt text is about the image + title.
- Make sure that your posts or page tags are related to the sub-heading or sub-keywords of the page.
- If you’re writing on a broad topic or a long post in which competition is too high then don’t add a meta description. Let the search engine find the best part of a page or post and highlight it in the search engine.
- Whenever you’re writing a meta description make them add one main keyword and one sub-keyword (main keyword of the page).
- It’s good if each post or page paragraph contains at least one main keyword and related keywords. But don’t do it if it looks artificial.
- When following on-page SEO practices then try to check the loading speed of each page separately. Your overall website loading speed can be less than 3 seconds but any particular page can load in 5 seconds. If you’re using google analytics for tracking and data analysis then you can see the loading time of each page. Read More: Without changing hosting, How to boost your WordPress Website loading speed?
- When optimizing a page for speed then focus on the target location of your customer. If your page is loading well in your target location due to a particular setting then you don’t have to change those settings.
- Each web page or post in a business, eCommerce, and blog website needs to be focused on the reader or post or page goal. It means the best on-page optimization practice is to make the page as best and add those links, images, videos, and techniques that help the visitors as much as possible. But don’t overdo it.
- Block the referral sources of traffic in which you’re getting a higher bounce rate or those you think are not a good source of traffic. You can Cloudflare CDN services for that as well.
- Test the responsiveness of each web page separately especially if you’re using WordPress themes, page builders etc. Responsiveness not only means media queries, viewport sizing or structure but it’s also about image, text, font, and responsiveness as well.
- When optimizing the eCommerce website product page then make sure its images are optimized and loading properly.
- Remove the fake reviews or comments and external website links as soon as possible.
- Don’t overuse keywords and too many SEO tricks or techniques on a single page. Just add only those things on the page that matter the most. Make the page as simple, easy, and fast as possible to read and load.
- Do not use any single related keyword more than the main keyword on a page. Each page has its own goal. And don’t try to achieve more than 1 or 2 goals through one page or post. Use the main keyword of the page like a goal. This will help you to stay with the topic of the main keywords of the page or post.
- Don’t repeat the same sentence more than 2 to 3 times including the main keyword of the page.
- When adding related posts or reading more content in a blog post then try to show only those posts related to the current post subject and main keyword.
- Don’t use too many on-page SEO practices. Test any 2 to 3 best practices on separate pages and then test their response. And obviously, follow which works best.
- Don’t be stubborn with on-page SEO techniques. Be flexible’ because each website optimization is different as per the domain name, main keyword, niche, image, content, target audience, and technology.
- Don’t try to copy or write paragraphs based on the basis of meta description or top 10 search results of other websites.
- If the page keyword is too much competitive then try to make the heading or title as unique and different as possible.
- When it’s not necessary or important then don’t try to extend the paragraphs or posts just for SEO purposes.
SEO practices come and go each year. You can’t stay with one practice for a long time. You need updates and changes whenever needed. You can observe these changes through data analytics or google analytics applications. But the evergreen on-page SEO practice or SEO basic is to focus on the target audience.
Whenever optimizing a web page or blog post always optimize with a focus on the reader/visitors and just do it naturally. You don’t have to impress anyone you just have to express your products, services, and business to people honestly. The more natural and simple in SEO process the best it will perform.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?