There are various free and paid online course websites to learn computer skills. Each platform and online course website has its own course price, syllabus, features, and support for students.
So, let’s find out the details about the best online courses website where you can learn computer skills online.
1. Learn computer skills on YouTube for free:
YouTube is not defined as an online course website. But it’s a video-sharing platform. People around the world share almost all types of categories of content free such as entertainment, funny and personal views. And you will also find that there are also technology and academic skills-based content shared by individuals and organizations.
Most of the videos you will find are based on personal views and experiences. They are not considered online courses.
But many online instructors, experts, and professionals upload course-based content in a series. Many also upload 20% to 30% part of their online courses on YouTube to promote the full online course.
And you can watch and learn various skills on YouTube without paying any fees. Don’t think, that if something is free then it’s not valuable. Even many videos are more valuable than paid courses.
For example, housewives in the small villages of India learn various cooking, fashion, and small business skills online from YouTube at home. Even kids are learning drawing, painting, poetry, and various other things.
Almost all groups of people who are aware and have some productive goals taking the advantage of YouTube for free.
While the things they are watching on YouTube are also paid to learn through Online Courses. But that you can learn for free on YouTube.
But if you want a systematic process of learning and want to continue learning a particular subject in a quick time then it’s tough to do that on YouTube. And for that, the best method is an online course. Especially for those, who don’t know what to learn and what are the steps to learn a particular computer skill.
2. Alison Online Course Website Overview:
Alison is the free and paid online education platform where you will find technology, languages, science, health, math, marketing, business, and many other online courses. You can do certificate courses and diploma courses along with a career path that is good for jobs.
From school students to professionals, managers, and business owners get courses as per their current occupation, designation, and equipment.
For example, if you want to do a course for career development but don’t know which course is best for you then you will get recommendations for the courses and skills. For career development, you will get recommendations such as gaining negotiation skills, supervision skills, communication, and management skills.
The courses are mobile-friendly, you will get course duration details, certification details, and everything along with the course. You can also download the Alison mobile app.
You will also get more than 2000+ free online courses. But you have to pay for premium courses, certifications, and diplomas. But if you want to do a free course that you will also find advertisements along with the course. And that’s not a big deal these days if the course content is useful and productive.
And if you liked the free course, content, and flexibility in learning on Alison, then you can join and do premium courses.
Personally, I think this platform is best for job seekers, and students who want to do certificate and diploma courses online. And it’s also very good for professionals who want to update their skills and certification for new jobs or promotions.
Few facts and data about Alison while writing this post (Data is dynamic on the web; it means it can change anytime):
- 19% of there are website visitors are from United State, which means it’s very popular in the united states for online learning and courses.
- 336,165 people like their Facebook page. And they update the Facebook page regularly with new updates and guides. And that’s very important for students to get regular updates on new skills, guides, and market trends.
- Alison mobile app is installed by more than 100000+ people and it is rated 4.7 by 2286 people as per the google play information. It means it’s a good and reliable source of learning on the internet.
- As per the information on the Alison website, they have 17 Million learners worldwide.
- You will find course content in PowerPoint slides, videos, and images.
3. Learn various types of Computer and non-technical skills on Udemy
Udemy is one of the biggest and most popular platforms for online learning and teaching platform on the Internet. On this online learning platform, you can find various types of online courses. On Udemy courses are categorized in a good manner and it’s easy to find out the courses.
The course categories and subcategories are properly optimized for the learners.
For example, in the Development categories, you will find Web development, mobile development, programming languages, game development, software testing, software engineering, development tools, and many others. Now the courses are listed after subcategories.
For example, in the mobile app development sub-category. You will find online courses to learn if your goal is to become a mobile app developer or build mobile app development skills such as Google Flutter, Android Development, iOS Development, Swift, Reactive Native, Kotlin and many others.
Now once you click any of them, you will get a list of online courses.
For example, if you click on react native, you will see the online courses that are again categorized with popularity, new, favorites, best sellers, and highest rated. And along with that, you will also see the instructor or company name, ratings, and price.
And personally, I liked their navigation and course categorization and it’s one of the great examples of user experience and interface.
Personally, I have done more than 20 to 30 courses so far on Udemy related to business, technology, and marketing. But not only you can do an online course on these categories but you will also find courses in personal development, marketing, lifestyle, photography, health & fitness, music, academics, office productivity, IT & software, finance and accounting, and many other.
As per information from Udemy, while I was writing this post, they have more than 130000 courses with 35 million students. And it’s the biggest number for online learning websites.
Reasons, why Udemy is popular and one of the best online course websites:
- According to google keyword planner (Keyword Research tools), 10K to 100K people searched Udemy online courses on the Google Search Engine each month for the last 12 months (From Jan 2020 to December 2020).
- While I was writing this post, Udemy online course website globally ranked 348, in the United States it’s 480, and in the education category on 21st position around the world, after checking and analyzing the Udemy website rank on the similar web.
- According to a similar web, 67.86% of people visit this website by using search engines such as Google. And it’s proof that it’s a really popular online learning website.
- Anyone who has knowledge and skills in any area or expertise can create an online course, and teach people globally on Udemy. And people can earn money by creating online video courses and by teaching people.
- Not only, not only that, but Udemy also provides a virtual training program and online courses for businesses. It means if you want to train and update the skills of your team then you can join or use Udemy for business.
- Not only that, but Udemy also provides a virtual training program and online courses for businesses. It means employers or business owners can use it to train and update the skills of their teams as per the project demand.
- Udemy also invests money in advertising on the Internet. According to similarweb.com, 32.15% of traffic is from paid keywords. And that’s another reason for popularity.
- Not only that Udemy runs an affiliate program. Anyone can promote Udemy courses on their website, monetize the audience and earn a commission after each course sale. It means Udemy is recommended by thousands of people.
- Anyone can create and teach online courses on Udemy. This provides great opportunities and platforms for teachers or experts to teach people online and earn income. These course creators also promote these courses on their own websites, YouTube videos, and social media.
- Another reason behind the popularity is that courses are really cheap and I think the prices of the courses are the lowest on the web. And it benefits all types of students to learn online and build new skills. As not all students can afford to pay $100 to $10000 for online courses. So, it’s the best and most flexible option for students, business owners, leaders, managers, and housewives to learn new job-oriented and business development skills just after investing $10 to $20.
- Online Computer Courses: Learn Basic and Advanced Computer Skills
- Online Basic Computer Courses: Learn essential Computer Skills
4. Khan Academy Online Courses Website Overview:
Khanacademy.org is one of the biggest, best, and most popular free online course websites for decades. It’s a non-profit educational organization where you can learn and practice, update or improve your math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, history and finance, etc. knowledge and skills through online courses, coaching and lessons.
It’s like a free online coaching center for students. And as per the Khan Academy information, this organization is supported by Bank of America, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Tata Trusts and many others.
The mission of khan academy is to provide a free, world-class education for all types of financial backgrounds students, anywhere. And it’s really a great initiative by this organization since 2008.
So, I believe that each parent or student can try khan academy online courses and if they liked, they can also donate the money to this non-profit educational organization.
Here you can learn more about How Khan Academy Videos Are Made to Help You Learn
- While I was writing this post, Khan Academy YouTube Channels has reached 6.35M subscribers and the numbers are growing each day.
- More than 1,637,893 people follow Khan Academy’s Facebook page.
- Khan Academy mobile app was installed by 10,000,000+ people and rated 4.4 by 139770 students according to the Google Play store information, the numbers are in a time while I was writing this post.
- And recently Elon Musk Donates $5 Million To Khan Academy to Boost Online Education. And now it will make big difference in online education and students worldwide.
Courses and classes are categorized from class 1 to class 12th. It means students can find and select the information and classes as per their class. And students can also prepare for various competitive or academic tests through khan academy websites such as SAT.
According to similarweb.com traffic analysis and reports, the khan academy website ranked number 9 currently in education categories worldwide.
55.14M people visited this website in the last 6 months. And 57.39% of people visited from the United State. Means Khan Academy it’s a very popular online education website in the united states. And 52% of people visited from the search engine.
According to Google Planner keyword research or planner tool, 1M to 10M people searched Khan Academy each month on Google for the last 12 months (Jan 2020 to December 2020).
- In which Khan Academy SAT – searched by 10K to 100K
- Khan Academy MCAT searched by 10K to 100K
- Khan Academy SAT Prep searched by 10K to 100K
- and 1K to 10K on various other keywords such as chemistry, English, biology, algebra, calculus, and many more.
So, it’s proof that Khan Academy is a great, popular, high-quality online course or classes website on the Internet that is free. It’s popular not only because it’s free, but the quality of content on various subjects also matters. Even its content in many subjects is better than various other paid mobile apps or courses.
Udacity is another online course website or learning platform that specializes in technology-related career and business skills. Here you can learn and build programming, data science, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, and many other trending tech skills.
One of the things that I liked on the Udacity website is the career resource center in which students can learn and explore various data and information related to jobs, careers, and interviews and skills. Which includes career options, coding practices, resume and portfolio building, an interview guide, and many others.
And it’s important for students after the completion of the course or even more important before the course. So that they can understand what needs to be done in order to do an online course on Udacity or any other platform.
This career resource center part is also important for students after completing the course to read or follow. It will help students to showcase and promote their talent, skills, and knowledge specifically as per the target job positions in the company and also in the interviews.
Courses and Nano degree programs are created with the collaboration of respective companies or industry leaders or institutions.
As per information on the Udacity website Cloud development using Microsoft, Azure course is created with the collaboration of Microsoft.
You will also get detailed information about the course syllabus and trending a fact such as Azure-related job growth is projected to hit 40% over the next decade. This type of fact actually powers promote the course. But it also educates the students about the thing that they are learning.
If students don’t know the future demand for any tech skills, then they will remain confused about their future. So that’s why I like this option as well.
And as per the Udacity information, each course includes industry experts, career services, technical support, and flexible learning programs.
You will also get feedback and reviews details of other important details related to the course that is important along with the course as students.
And they also have listed success stories of the students that not only inspire students to learn but also make it proof that people are actually learning various tech and career development skills on Udacity.
- Udacity YouTube channels have reached 468K subscribers till this time (while writing this post). Where you can find and test their teaching level or vision behind the courses.
- According to the Google Keyword Planner or research tool, the Udacity Nano degree program has been searched by 10K to 100K monthly (From the last 12 months). And 1K to 10K people are also searching for Udacity data science, python, machine learning, and various other courses on Google.
- It means Udacity is one of the popular platforms around the world that people search with the name. I know that not all are students. But at least we find that we’re not only considering Udacity for online courses but there are many others.
- And according to the similarweb.com website analysis, most of the visit to Udacity is from the United States, India, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia
So far, we find the above online courses website best for students, professionals, housewives, and entrepreneurs to do online courses.
I know there are some other goods and high-quality online education platforms and websites. But our goal to write this post is to showcase or list the free, lowest-cost online courses websites.
So, in conclusion, I say that online course platforms or websites do not matter that much because most of the online courses’ websites’ features or plans are similar. But the most important thing that you have to consider is course content, demand for that content or skills, certification option, price of the course, and instructors’ expertise or experience are the key things to look at in any online course and website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?